Owner: Noah Kagan
Price: Free to join / Pro version $20-$399 per month
Overall: (4 / 5)
Date when it started: 2014
What is SumoMe about?
SumoMe is a plugin for WordPress that have tools that are specially design to help your website traffic grow. SumoMe was founded by Noah Kagan, who also founded AppSumo. The main purpose of SumoMe is to help you collect your emails, but there are also other tools like google analytics, social share icons, contact form, etc.
How to setup and install SumoMe?
Firstly, proceed to sumome.com, type in your website url in this box and click “GET IT FREE”.
Next, this box will pop up and you have to type in your website url again, email address and password.
After that, you will see this at the bottom of the page. Click on the WordPress Icon and click “Install SumoMe”.
It will automatically take you to your WordPress add plugins section and you will see the SumoMe Plugin. Click Install Now and activate the plugin.
After that, this will show up, login to your account, go to the Sumo Store and download any tools that you like!
The 3 most important set of tools in SumoMe
SumoMe Email Capture
SumoMe has 4 free features which can benefit your business by capturing email addresses and growing your list:
- List builder – This allows you to create a great light box pop up which will capture email addresses and build your subscriber list. It links with just about all the big autoresponder services (MailChimp, Aweber, GetResponse, etc).
- Scroll Box – This is another email capture in bar form and is triggered by how far your reader gets down the page.
- Smart Bar – This is the one I’m using. Smart Bar is a floating Bar that can appear at the top or bottom of your website.
- Welcome Mat – This displays a full page call to action when visitors land on your site or go to a specified page. Great to set up as an independent page for specific call to action promotions or if you want a completely different look or feel to your sign up page.
Analyse your website and understand what your traffic is doing
These three free features are amazing and will assist you to understand what your traffic does when they reach your website allowing you to test, adapt and make the necessary changes to best suit your needs:
- Google Analytics – This feature allows you to link to your Google Analytics account. You no need to log into Google Analytics to view your site stats. This feature will allow you to view your Google Analytics stats directly on your site
- Content Analytics – This feature allows you to see how much of each page was read, how far down they read and what your most popular pages are.
- Heat Maps – This feature will show you where people are clicking on your site (or not). You can see the links that get the most clicks, links that get none and the areas that receive the most traffic attention
These features allow you to set up sharing of your posts and blog articles plus images.
- Share – This feature comes with multiple share button options and layouts. Make it super easy for people to share your content on the web and importantly from all mobile devices. You decide where they are located for each device format.
- Image Sharer – This feature makes it super easy to allow folks to share your images from your posts.
- Highlighter – This feature allows people to easily “highlight” and select certain part of your post which they can share.
What are the Pros and Cons of SumoMe?
- You can use it for free
- A lot of tools and customisation
- Simple email integration with MailChimp, Aweber, Constant Contact, etc
- Easy integration with any WordPress theme
- The SumoMe logo is everywhere on the free version.
Who is SumoMe for?
Anyone with a WordPress site that wants to grow their email list and get more traffic
The Support of SumoMe
The Price of SumoMe
SumoMe is free to sign up but there is a pro version that allows you to unlock all the features. The price ranges from $20-$399, of course they will recommend you depending on the amount of traffic you get per month. Every membership plan comes with a free 14 day trail and if you want to cancel anytime you can.
These are the Pro Apps you will get when you upgrade.
Finale Verdict: SumoMe is a must have if you’re building an email list.
However, even if you’re not into email marketing this plugin will also work for you.There are many other useful tools that will help your website in traffic and conversion. The best thing is that this plugin is free so there’s nothing to lose!
Lastly, if you are currently using SumoMe and have had a positive or negative experiences, you can leave me your comment below, I’ll be happy to talk to you! 🙂