Do you want to be a millionaire today? Do you want to be rich now? Do you want to be successful now? How many times have you see that on the internet? Hundreds? Thousands? Millions? The truth about them is they are just unethical sales ways to convince you to sign up for some trainings, seminar, webinar or some other “products” to claim to make you rich instantly.
However, you may wonder why do people still fall for it over and over again… Maybe it’s because they give people hope. The hope of thinking that they have some shortcuts to earn big bucks online, but the truth is there isn’t really any. It is really sad to see people making money off those innocent victims. They are really a disgrace to the internet society.
Is it really possible to make money online then? I got good news for you, yes! But what I am talking about is using legitimate ways to make money online, not some “get rich quick” schemes fabricated by people. Most of them require hard work and dedication before seeing results. If you really want to make money online or even come to the point of making a passive income every month so you can eventually quit your 9-5 job, you can do it!
I’m going to list down all the kinds of legitimate ways to make money online. Many of these are real jobs that require you to put in effort if you want to get paid. Here are some tips when you want to get a job online.
- Take it seriously. You’re applying for an online job, but it’s no different from a real job. You are working from home but that doesn’t mean it’s not a “real job”. You are not the only one who wants the job, there is a lot of competition online too.
- Be professional. When you submit a resume online, give a good one. It’s the same as when you are applying for a job outside. Write in complete sentences with proper grammar, put a real photo of yourself, share your experience but don’t tell them your life story. Now they will think you’re ready for the job, impression is very important as well!
- Work hard. They will be a time where you feel that you’re making enough money online to get out of your current job and that would be the best feeling ever I can say. Now you will get to work at home full-time! But in order to achieve that you must first work hard and keep pushing on even if you feel like giving up. Remember, when it comes to success, there are no shortcuts!
Firstly, I’m a blogger so it seems wrong not to mention it, but most importantly it’s a legitimate way to make money. I love blogging and I make a living out of it! If you don’t know what blogging is, it is simply writing content on your website and letting people see it, like how you are looking at my post right now!
Blogging requires patience, persistence and discipline. It may take months or even years to build up your blog and to start making a decent amount of money. A lot of successful bloggers took years to build up their blog, before making 6,7 figures. Arianna Huffington, the founder of huffingtonpost.com makes $2,330,000 per month.
Once you gain a sufficient amount of traffic to your blog, there are many ways you can use your blog and start making money! Here are ways you can use your blog as a income source,
- Advertising – You can sell advertising spots directly on your site or you can sign up with advertising company like Google AdSense.
- Affiliate – There are many affiliate networks, like Rakuten Affiliate Network, Amazon Asscociates , etc that allows you to promote other people’s product and services to earn revenue. You put a link or banner on your site and then you get a commission when someone click through and buys the product.
- Membership – You can create a paid membership area on your blog. It’s like a area that have exclusive content that can be only access if someone pay money for it. Keep in mind that the content inside the “members area” must have sufficient value to be worth the money. You can create something that can’t be found on google.
- Products – Creating your own products like an ebook to get people to buy. You just need to create a legitimate product that has value and would be useful for the customers, people will eventually buy your products.
- Services – This is the stage when you already gain success and know that you’re ready to teach people. You can offer a paid service, like life coaching, blog coaching, goal setting or financial planning. Just make sure to check all the legal implications and make sure you don’t lie to people.
- Sponsored posts – Sponsored post are just posts about a specific brand, product or service. A company will pay you to publish an article about it.
- Subscription – It is something valuable (newsletter, online magazine, etc.) that you can consistently offer to your customers on a weekly or monthly basis, you may want to offer a subscription service. This could be a fee charged each time your product is sent out.
- Videos – This could be an entire section on it’s own, so many people have made money by making YouTube videos. Many bloggers have completely turned to videos to get their point across by starting a video blog.
Do you want to know how to start of as a blogger? Learn how I did it Here!
2. Websites That Pay Money
These are websites that will pay you for various things, such as shopping, taking surveys or testing products. It won’t make you a millionaire, but it’s great for earning some extra money.
Here are some legitimate website that you can start earn money from,
- Swagbucks – This is great for earning some money in your free time. You can do many things to make money, just by taking surveys and using their search engine. You can read my full review on Swagbucks here
- InboxDollars – It is similar to Swagbucks as you’re going to be taking surveys, shopping, etc. If you want to maximise your return you can sign up with both websites. These are other “get paid to take surveys” sites, you can check them out GlobalTestMarket, E-Poll Surveys and SurveyClub
- UserTesting – Get $10 via PayPal for every 20-minute video you complete. UserTesting pays you to visit websites or apps, complete a set of tasks, and speak your thoughts aloud.
- IZEA – IZEA works in addition to a blog or on its own. You get paid to blog, tweet, take photos and take videos. The pay is mostly based on your following, so if you want to make money with your tweets, you’ll need to grow you Twitter following. Likewise, if you want to make money with blogs, you’ll need substantial blog traffic.
- Fiver – Fiverr is a global online marketplace offering tasks and services, beginning at a cost of $5 per job performed, from which it gets its name. The site is primarily used by freelancers who use Fiverr to offer services to customers worldwide.
3. Freelance Writing
This is one of the most popular way to make money online. Many successful freelancers can earn an average of 50cents to a dollar per word, some even more! You should be interested in writing when you take on this job because if you’re doing it just for the money, I don’t think it will work out in the long run. Well, maybe you can developed the interest of writing as you go, it depends.
It takes dedication and time for this to work. In my opinion, before you start reaching out to freelance writing companies, you need a blog to start with or you could have an online portfolio. You can have a LinkedIn profile to get started.
When you’re ready to start you can use these 50 resources to help you write better!
Once you’re really to start making money, here are some websites you can start with,
- Listverse – Listverse pays $100 for each accepted post. The article must be a list, it must be at least 1,500 words and you must include at least 10 things. Other than that, you can get pretty creative with it.
- A List Apart – A List Apart pays $200 for each accepted post. They’re not first on the list, because they tend to publish less articles, which means you have a smaller chance of getting accepted. Same guidelines as above, 1,500 word minimum.
- International Living – International Living pays $75 for each accepted post. They are mostly looking for travel experiences from countries you have visited. For this site, it’s more about your experience than your writing ability. If you love traveling this would be the site for you!
- FundsforWriters – FundsforWriters pays $50 for each accepted post. They are looking for articles about writing and making money with it. They only accept articles between 500-600 words, but they want you to make each word count.
- Uxbooth – Uxbooth pays $100 for each accepted post. They do tend to take four to eight weeks to accept and post articles, so don’t count on this being a quick money maker. They take so long, because they pair with editors to only publish amazing content.
- iWriter – iWriter pays up to $15 for each accepted post. That may seem small, but they aren’t as strict as many of the others above and they also allow you to pick exactly what you write. You can write as many or as few articles as you want.
- Textbroker – Textbroker pays up to five cents per word, if you’re a 5-star writer. You’ll start by submitting a short sample article and you will most likely start as a 3-star writer, but you can work your way up by writing more and writing great content.
- Matador Network – Matador Network pays up to $60 for each accepted post, but standard pay is around $20-$25. They don’t really focus on a minimum word count, but they have a maximum count of 1,500 words.
- The Penny Hoarder – The Penny Hoarder pays up to $800 (rarely), depending upon the number of page views you receive. The pay starts at $100 for 50,000 page views, so this isn’t a guaranteed paid article, but it can potentially be highly rewarding.
Remember, you can make money with freelance writing but it takes time. Once you start building your portfolio and your writing skills, you can start making big bucks. If you’re not an experience writer, you should put in some more time to practice!
4. Work at Home Companies
There are some online companies that will hire you to work from home. If you’re interested in working for someone else, while still planning your own schedule and deciding where to work from, Here are some of the companies that will let you do that,
- CrowdSource – CrowdSource offers many types of jobs from “microtask” jobs to larger writing and editing jobs. You decide how much you work and you can do most of it right at your computer.
- Demand Studios – Demand Studios is hiring all kinds of creative professionals, from writer to filmmakers. The pay isn’t amazing, but it’s competitive for a work-at-home job.
- Fast Chart – Fast Chart allows you to work from home as a medical transcriptionist. There are some requirments and qualifications listed on the page, but if you meet them, you’ll make competitive pay for the industry. You’ll also be able to set your own schedule since you’ll be working from home.
- Leap Force – Leap Force is one way that Google rates websites for search engine ranking. If you’re hired, you make decent money (usually over $11/hour), you set your own schedule and it can be pretty fun to view and rank websites.
- Liveops – Liveops is a call center that allows you to work from home. Once your set up to take the calls, you can begin making a weekly schedule and working from home. The pay is generally close to $10/hour, but you can earn more with commissions.
- SpeakWrite – SpeakWrite will pay you up to $15/hour to transcribe information. You set your own schedule and work from home.
If you see something you are interested in, you can try it out!
If you really want to make a full-time income online, you need to be passionate and dedicated about your online job. All the best to you all and good luck in the journey of your own success! 🙂